Washington Seafood Markets
Mercato's online seafood shopping offers some of the best seafood in Washington DC with best-selling products you need to taste for yourself! The first store on their list of “Local Grocery Favorites” is The District Fishwife in Union Square. Their best-known products include Yellowfin Tuna, and various salmon and tuna dishes in dressings such as their Spicy Mayo and Soy Sesame Ginger dressings. Number two on their list is Wagshal’s Market in Spring Valley, which offers 749 products! Some of their best-loved products are their New England Scrod, Shad Fillet and Collosal Lump Blue Crab Meat. Standing in third is Glen’s Garden Market, located in Dupont Circle. Their top-selling products will make your mouth water like True North Fresh Salmon and Indian Candy Smoked Salmon. These are two of their 882 items on Mercato!
Popular Seafood Market Products
Fresh fish is one of the many appealing perks that Washington DC has to offer, with its location so close to the Atlantic Ocean. These markets offer the best and freshest fish and with this seafood delivery service you do not even need to leave your house to enjoy them! They all have a great variety of cuts and flavors that take seafood (and seafood delivery) to the next level.
- Fresh Little Neck Clams (Farmed, Virginia)
- Fresh Mussels (Farmed, Nova Scotia)
- Poke Atlantic Farmed Salmon, Soy Ginger Sesame Dressing
- Poke #1 Yellowfin Tuna, Soy Ginger Sesame Dressing
- Wild Brown Shrimp, Shell On (Pacific Ocean)
- Fresh Swordfish (Wild, Mid-Atlantic)
- Fresh Branzino (Farmed, Greece), 1lb Whole Fish
- French Trout Roe, 1 oz.
- Spanish Octopus (4-5lb)
- Tobiko (2oz)
- Poke Atlantic Farmed Salmon, Spicy Mayo Dressing
- Squid Tubes and Tentacles (Rhode Island)
- Poke #1 Yellowfin Tuna, Spicy Mayo Dressing
- Paddlefish Caviar
- Fresh Barramundi (Farmed, Red Sea)
- Tiger Prawns, Head On (Australia)
- Cold Water Lobster Tail
- Wild Brown Shrimp, Shell Off (Pacific Ocean)
- #1 Yellowfin Tuna (Wild, Mid-Atlantic)
- Fresh Dry Sea Scallops (Farmed, Japan)
Online Seafood Ordering in Washington
Mercato makes these delicacies accessible, without even needing to leave your couch when you order seafood online. Avoid traffic, lines and the dread of the trips bringing groceries inside! Whether you are not as mobile as you used to be, do not have transportation, do not have time or would rather not grocery shop with toddlers, Mercato is meant to make your grocery shopping as enjoyable. Not only do you have many options to choose from, you can place an order and have it delivered right to your door within an hour. You can also set scheduled deliveries with 1 hour time slots up to 30 days in advance. Cross this chore off your list so you have more time to enjoy the history and unique culture of Washington DC!