In 1911, a young Italian immigrant, Attilio Esposito, and his family opened a butcher shop in a storefront property at 1009 South 9th Street, believing that success was built on consistency, value, and quality products. His son, Louis, followed into the family business and Esposito’s continued to meet the needs of its customers’ palates by expanding the product line to include lamb, pork, and poultry. In its third generation, Esposito’s operation grew from a storefront butcher shop to a proudly regarded Philadelphia wholesale institution. In order to keep up with the demands of the restaurant renaissance of the 1970’s, Louis’ sons, Lee and Louis Jr., changed the venue to specialize in fresh custom cut meat and poultry products. They also introduced seafood, gourmet specialty, and game items to the operation. The longevity of Esposito’s employees ensures that our apprentices have the best training resources and an understanding of the company’s original principles.