In honor of the “Big Game” this weekend, we’d like to share a few of our favorite game time recipes that will satisfy even the heartiest of appetites. Best part, Mercato will deliver the main ingredients right to your door, so you never have to leave the couch on game day!
Football and wings go together like peas and carrots. In fact, this weekend, Americans are projected to consume over 1.3 billion chicken wings…enough to circle the Earth nearly three times! Wings come in so many variations, but we like to stick to the classic buffalo-style wings. Save yourself from overpriced wings on game-day and get your hands on this easy-to-make slow cooker recipe instead!
Classic Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings
5 lbs Fresh Chicken Wings
1 12 oz Bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
Fresh Parsley, for garnish
Celery sticks, for garnish
Carrot sticks, for garnish
Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing, for dipping
- Using kitchen shears, or a knife, separate wings at the joint.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place wings inside, pouring buffalo sauce on top. Toss until all wings are well coated. Cook on High for 2 ½ hours.
- Preheat broiler on High.
- Remove wings from slow cooker; placing them on a baking sheet with a lip (ensuring the extra juices won’t fall off the pan!)
- Broil on High for about 5 minutes or until wings are crispy. Keep checking them to ensure they do not burn!
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with cut up carrot sticks, celery sticks and ranch or bleu cheese dressing.
Wings are great, but we love this simple slider recipe too! One, because it’s super easy to make and two, because it easily feeds a big crowd. This recipe makes a dozen sliders, but simply double the recipe to make a bigger batch for game-day!
Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine chop meat with onion, bread crumb, salt & pepper to taste.
- Press into a 9×13 baking pan. Poke holes in the meat with the top of a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes (the meat will shrink away from the sides as it cooks!)
- Remove from oven and carefully drain off any excess liquid.
- Top meat with an even layer of American Cheese. Place back in the oven for about two minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes. Cut into 2-inch squares (or the size of the buns used).
- Stack meat patty inside buns. Serve with dill pickle slices and ketchup.
Another easy, crowd-pleasing favorite for the big game is a hearty bowl of chili. Click here to find this, and other slower cooker, recipes to serve your guests this weekend.
We hope you enjoy the game, but more importantly, we hope you enjoy the snacks!
Enjoy, and game on! ?